Enclave Stretched Timing Chain
A timing chain is the critical connection between your engine’s camshaft and crankshaft. A stretched timing chain can throw off your engine's timing leading to a hefty repair bill.
Coolant Leaks Through Cracked Intake Manifold
Buick leaking coolant, intake manifold gasket failure & cracked intake manifold gasket. Detailed information about the Dexcool class action lawsuit and leaking coolant from intake manifold gasket failure.
Where Engine Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2002 Rendezvous leaking intake manifold gasket 26 (100%)
- 2011 Regal engine stalls/shuts off while driving 23 (88%)
- 2010 Enclave timing chain stretched 16 (62%)
- 2001 Century leaking coolant, intake manifold gasket failure 15 (58%)
- 1995 LeSabre engine stalls/shuts off while driving 14 (54%)
- 2012 Verano oil consumption 14 (54%)
- 1994 LeSabre car dies while driving 13 (50%)
Needless to say, we are not very happy about this especially as it appears to be an issue in the past and I suspect our enclave was made with 2009 materials and therefore should be covered under the same 2009 extended warranty … Essentially they have a faulty timing chain whose extended warranty didn’t cover enough years and ours stretched and ended up damaging the engine and the total repair was $9911
GM is recalling more cars because the engine block heater cord can get damaged in the cold.
That's right -- the device that's supposed to keep your engine toasty in the winter is unable to handle cold temperatures. That's like a snow tire deflating as soon as you drive over ice. Maybe GM needs to install an engine-block-heater heater? The affected cars all have the optional Calix oil pan / block heaters.…keep reading